Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The thing about woman riders ...

Whats the worst thing about woman riders?
If she turns out to be Hot and u want to follow them u need to ride at par or lesser, painstaking speed ... (JAB)

P.S. : It just happenned to me the post follows soon...

The Post:

A regular Thursday morning, an irregular event to follow...

I have never followed a girl on bike before for reasons i don’t know (actually I have never thought about it until today), neither was I in a state to think clearly today morning, sometimes things just happen and u follow the tide instead of swimming against it... I was taking my bike out from the compound when a girl in black helmet, pink check shirt, a matching flowing check mini skirt, skin colour stockings and high heels (whats are the chances according to u that i noticed these things in the same order... no points to guess that !!!)passed me on a scooty at .5x live speed, it was as if time had slowed down the frames moving slowly allowing me to absorb the mornings fresh air and fresh scenery.I immediately decided to follow her, my first mistake of the day!!!

[Now let me rewind back a little ...not much a day or two... Let me make u acquainted as to what my reaction would have been if the same thing would have happened a day or two earlier ...Even if god would have actually slowed down the scene to .25x speed my mind would still be processing tasks in queue from previous days and it would have been such that next morning I would have looked into thin air and said "Damn!! that girl is HOT"...
Not to be i have had my release just 2 days back and we are back to the beginning of a software cycle with the design phase.

Now any engineer can relate to the corporate Ohms law
The software engineer's free time (current) is directly proportional to the time to deadline (voltage).

And believe me I was literally short circuited for 2 days...]

Well I was up for a social experiment whose results I knew already [reminds me of my physics experiments in class 11th, we knew what the results were still we followed a painstaking 3 hr procedure to get to the result].

I kick started my bike into a roar and let go of the clutch that was my second mistake of the day, at this point I would like to enlighten a few ignorant ppl what "leaving clutch when your accelerator is turned up" would mean ? In terms of theory its equivalent to releasing a compressed spring. In terms of practical aspect its equivalent to ur bikes front wheel being off the ground by a feet and ur rear wheels skiding on road. And only a lucky few can handle the bike when the front wheel touches the ground back. Today was my Lucky day!!! I thought as i landed without skidding.

I followed her slowly, the almost nil traffic in the by lanes of locality allowing me to ride in parallel to her.. I wished like crazy that the traffic at the road joining the main road would be much and we would be stopped and i could sieze the opportunity to initiate a conversation with her saying something as vague as "Damn !!! Such a heavy traffic the day i have an important financial meeting to attend", but nothing like this happened... The main road surprisingly didn’t have any traffic and there was an empty stretch of road and here we both were riding at well below 30 kmph. Let me tell u its very difficult to ride a 160 cc bike at below 30kmph when u have an empty stretch of road. Still i maintained it since i was part of a social experiment and looking at the greater good my pain was immaterial.

I still am not sure what happened did she notice that i was following her or did she think that she was speeding up she suddenly cut the throttle and until unless i would have braked making it pretty obvious that i was following her i could no longer be behind her... I smiled to myself beneath the helmet, “The Hunter had become the hunted". The situation was damn funny i was trying to slow down as much as i could and she would beat me every time. At one point of time i am sure we got overtaken by a kid on his bicycle. That kid gave me a look which i give to others when i speed past a bike moving at 90kmph.

But i am not one to be beaten in any sort of challenge if she thinks she is gonna beat me at being slow damn wrong she cant!!! I skilfully managed to take all the supposedly wrong cuts (on a regular day, right for today) managing to find a vehicle right in front of me so i could apply brake freely. She wasnt a week competitor either, she was skilfully braking at opportune moments but finally she had to give up and at a cross 4 mins from the time i had crossed her she was forced to cross me. Then until the next traffic signal we drove parrallely at what seemed to be a .5x live speed as compared to any other vehicle on road. I was so sure she was a model in one of the events in garuda mall ( after all cant imagine a girl going to office like that unless she was a model), that i made the third mistake of the day. I in my blind hope took the one way to garuda before she did and she took the other route to Richmond Road... It was too late by the time i realized that she had gone the other way, it was a bloody "One Way" and i couldnt risk turning around in front of traffic police. My social experiment had come to an abrupt ending. But the incident had imparted a few words of wisdom which have been quoted in the beginning of the post


P.S. I could have named the post “The three Mistakes on a day in my Life” but seems like some guy called Chetan Bhagat has already stolen the idea and named his book on the same lines so keeping the trend of my ever original post ideas i will have to do with the second most apt name...



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah.. such a nice story had an abrupt ending tht u took a wrong direction at the end... :-(

anyway fantastic blog

akshay said...

blog pe blog, blog pe blog (sounds like tareekh pe tareekh, tareekh pe tareekh in the movies!!!!) kya bat hai?? yar mere life me aisa kuch interesting kyun nahi hota... mere side wali ladki waise hi tej chalati hai!! hahahahaahah

Rehana said...

Lol.. Interesting post... :) So you see.. It's never a good idea to go so far with the chasing... :P

Hope you're doing good.. Long time no hear.. Just got the chance to read up on your stuff.. Plenty of interesting material..

:)

Take care!

Sanju said...

LOL...good post dude!!Lets take an oath to never make any assumptions in future and be ready for the situation watever it may demand :)

Pracheer Gupta said...

dude i wasnt eager at all to read this blog. But I was jobless and didnt know what else to do. Hence had a go at it. and am glad of doing that :).